OllieWhile it’s great to enjoy a good whiskey and time with your dog, do NOT share your whiskey with them. Whiskey and all other alcoholic beverages are toxic to dogs and can kill them. While most dogs find the taste of alcohol distasteful, when in sweet drink and other items they may ingest some. Protect your best friend!

What do you do if your dog drinks your alcohol?

Alcohol is considered mildly toxic to dogs in very small doses, alcohol in foods that dogs like or sweet tasting mixed drinks will, tend to make dogs consume a larger amount if they can. The best move to make if they drink alcohol is to pretend they are a child and keep all alcoholic beverages out of reach and out of nose range of your pup. If ingested, try to induce vomiting and if a lot or high alcohol content was ingested, take to a vet to give fluids.

Symptoms of Alcohol poisoning in dogs:

  • Vomiting
  • Disorientation
  • Inebriation
  • Loss of bodily control (ataxia)
  • Diarrhea
  • Hyper salivation
  • Excitement changing to depression
  • Difficulty breathing (dyspnea)
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Dehydration
  • Slow heart rate (brachycardia)
  • Seizures
  • Heart rhythm problems

Leave a Reply